One of the most famous leadership quotes of all time is Gandhi’s “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” It’s loved because it’s true.
Being a good leader isn’t about power, authority or telling people what to do. It’s about being committed to creating change for the better within your organization – and being able to inspire others to do the same. You may be a leader at work without even knowing it, because true leadership comes from within, not from your job title. If you are, you just might recognize yourself in some of these leadership quotes.
Leaders are stable, supportive and resourceful, always dependable in a crisis and able to make decisions others can’t or won’t. They know their purpose and live it every day, providing an example to others. These 21 inspiring leadership quotes will empower you to overcome your limiting beliefs, cultivate the mindset of a winner and make a positive impact on those around you, whether at work or at home.
Want to expand on your leadership skills?Learn how to become a better leader today
21 leadership quotes to help you become a better leader
1. “Changing an organization, a company, a country – or a world – begins with the simple step of changing yourself.” – Tony Robbins
2. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
3. “We are all different in the way we perceive the world. We must use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” – Tony Robbins
4. “Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection.” – Sheryl Sandberg
5. “Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
6. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
7. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
8. “Success is 80% psychology and 20% skills.” – Tony Robbins
9. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “In life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” – Tony Robbins
11. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter
12. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
13. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
14. “Let fear be a counselor and not a jailer.” – Tony Robbins
15. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
16. “Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem and 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it and crush it!” – Tony Robbins
17. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
18. “The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.” – Tony Robbins
19. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
20. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
21. “Good leaders organize and align people around what the team needs to do. Great leaders motivate and inspire people with why they’re doing it.” – Marillyn Hewson
Looking to improve your leadership skills?
Find the secret to attaining leadership skills today by utilizing Tony Robbins’ Leadership Styles Quiz